Chicken Enchilada Soup
𝘾𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙀𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙖𝙙𝙖 𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙥 𝙍𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙥𝙚:
2lbs. chicken, shredded
1t. oregano, dried
2t. garlic powder
2t. onion powder
2t. chili powder
1T. tomato paste
1T. lime juice
3c. chicken broth
1-15oz. can fire roasted tomatoes
1-15oz. can of rotel
28oz. homemade enchilada sauce (or canned)
Salt to taste
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1. In a heavy bottom pot, add olive oil over medium-low heat until it begins to glimmer.
2. Add in onion and sweat, cooking until translucent. Add in garlic and cook for one minute. Add in all spices and stir until evenly incorporated.
3. Add in tomato paste and stir. At this point it will be very thick. Cook for two minutes.
4. At this point add in chicken broth, tomatoes, and enchilada sauce.
5. Bring to a full boil, then reduce to a simmer and let cook for approximately one hour.
6. Add shredded chicken. Season with salt and chopped cilantro.
@organicvalley sour cream
Tortilla strips made with @ketotortillaco *
Cut into thin strips and fry in avocado oil at 350F. for 10-seconds.